Up early, hit Hobart’s bike trails, back before they know you’re gone
We’ll fit 90 minutes of sweet single mountain bike trails into your morning and still have you back in town by 9.00am with time for one of Hobart’s best espressos – no way? Yes way!
Hobart’s cool and cultured but secretly, deep down, you really wanted to go to Derby (that’s where the best riding in Tassie is, right? ) but you couldn’t convince your other half that a coffee at the “Crank It Cafe”, five hours of ripping up Derby’s best bike trails followed by 4 pints and a mixed grill at The Weldborough Pub represents a cultural holiday – so you’re in Hobart.
- Derby is great but there’s some amazing mountain biking in Hobart too
- We can get you on the trails and back at the AirBnB before anyone even knows you’re gone – OH YEAH
Dawn Chorus MTB Tour Mission Plan
- Assemble at 7:00 am
- Time for a quick coffee
- On our bus (The Sir David) and away by 7:15
- At the trailhead by 7:30
- 90 minutes of single track mountain biking gold
- Back to The Stagg by 9:00 for another quick coffee
- Back at the AirBnB before anyone gets up and asks “What are we going to do today?”
Dawn Chorus is for addicted mountain bike riders who want a solid hit out in the early morning before the day really starts. This route has bags of single track, some old school, some new, solid climbs, sweeping berms, scenery. You’ll need reasonable fitness ( LEVEL 3 on our rider evaluation chart ) as there is some climbing to be done. We provide some fun hardtail trail bikes but you can choose to upgrade to a dual suspension bike for $25.
WHAT’S INCLUDED WITH THE DAWN CHORUS?
- A short ride on our bus “The Sir David“
- Friendly, knowledgeable, local guides
- Truly awesome mountain bikes
- All helmets, gloves and a pack full of stuff you might need
- Snacks and water during the ride
- Single track gold
- Finish at The Stagg Espresso bar for a coffee before you start the day
- Memories of a lifetime
The Hobart MTB Tours booking guarantee
If you book, you’ll ride. We don’t do minimum numbers. I don’t care if no one but you turns up and I lose more money than a drunken sailor in a get rich scheme. If you book, you’ll ride. OK there are some safety issues concerning dangerous conditions but within reason if you book a tour with us you can be confident that you’re riding – even if it’s just you and me ( but I reckon you can buy the coffees )
Book the Dawn Chorus mountain bike experience!